Vital Football

Latest Stoke City News

Stoke bid for training ground

Stoke bid for training ground

Stoke City chairman, Peter Coates has announced that the club have submitted a bid to buy the club's current training ground.

Since moving from the Victoria Ground and having to give up the adjoining training pitch nearly 10 years ago, the Potters have rented training pitches from the nearby Michelin Sports Club. Coates announced at this week's Club AGM that a formal bid to buy the ground has now been submitted to the Michelin Tyre company who own the site.

Coates believes that if the club is going to grow and prosper they must be able to attract the best players. If the purchase is successful the club intend to build permanent facilities on-site.

Another long term objective of the new owners must be to try and buy out Stoke-on-Trent City Council and the developers, St Modwen who together own 51% of the Britannia Stadium with Stoke City FC owning the remaining 49%. This was first mooted a couple of years ago by the previous Icelandic owners, but was effectively stalled as both sides were unable to come anywhere close on agreeing a price.


Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Chris Baldwin
Date:Saturday December 23 2006
Time: 2:32PM

Login to post a comment

Recent Stoke City Articles

Premier League Free Agents 2017

As the summer nears and contracts come to an end, should the club have an interest in any of the following free transfers from Premier League oppositions?

2016/17 Golden Glove Battle (28/3/17)

The final international break of the Premier League 2016/17 season ticks on by and this year's Golden Glove battle could still take a twist or turn.

Grant Ready For Leicester

Goalkeeper Lee Grant has said he's dusted himself down from his mistake against Chelsea in our last match and he's now ready for Kasper Schmeichel and Leicester City.

Butland Makes Training Return

Goalkeeper Jack Butland made his long awaited return to training on Monday following his 12 months out following an ankle break.

Archived Vital Stoke Articles

Vital Stoke articles from

Site Journalists

Tom Barker
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Chelsea MotM
Suggested By:
Grant18%
Bardsley0%
Shawcross0%
Martins66%
Indi Pieters0%
Allen16%
Cameron0%
Walters0%
Sobhi0%
Arnautovic0%
Berahino0%
Sub-Diouf0%
Sub-Crouch0%
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Chelsea 28 22 3 3 69 38
2 Spurs 28 17 8 3 59 34
3 Man City 28 17 6 5 57 24
4 Liverpool 29 16 8 5 56 25
5 Man Utd 27 14 10 3 52 19
6 Arsenal 27 15 5 7 50 22
7 Everton 29 14 8 7 50 21
8 WBA 29 12 7 10 43 1
9 Stoke 29 9 9 11 36 -9
10 Southampton 27 9 6 12 33 -3
11 AFC Bournemouth 29 9 6 14 33 -12
12 West Ham 29 9 6 14 33 -12
13 Burnley 29 9 5 15 32 -11
14 Watford 28 8 7 13 31 -15
15 Leicester City 28 8 6 14 30 -14
16 Crystal Palace 28 8 4 16 28 -10
17 Swansea 29 8 3 18 27 -27
18 Hull City 29 6 6 17 24 -32
19 Middlesbrough 28 4 10 14 22 -13
20 Sunderland 28 5 5 18 20 -26
The Vital Football Members League
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Vital Football Comment

Recent Stoke City Results (view all)

Stoke City Fixtures (view all)

Apr 1 2017 3:00PM : Leicester City (a)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 4 2017 7:45PM : Burnley (a)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 8 2017 3:00PM : Liverpool (H)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 15 2017 3:00PM : Hull City (H)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 22 2017 3:00PM : Swansea City (a)
Barclays Premier League
Apr 29 2017 3:00PM : West Ham United (H)
Barclays Premier League
Write for Vital Football