Writer: Lloyd Reddin
Date:Friday March 29 2013
Vital Stoke Editor Lloyd Reddin travelled across the internet to have a chat with Vital Everton`s Editor Yak, for his pre-match thoughts about the late Saturday night kick off.
1. Are you worried that David Moyes will leave at the end of the season?
I've accepted that he will move on at some stage, unfortunately it's inevitable. If he stays at the end of the season we'll only go through this the following year and so on.
2. If Moyes does decide to leave at the end of the season, who would you like to replace the Scotsman?
We've gone 11 years under the same manager, so we need to get it right as we don't want to become one of these clubs that hires and fires every 6 months or so.
Martinez has already been linked to the job and we could do a lot worse.
3. What were your expectations for this season? And have they now changed?
My expectations are always to try and win the FA Cup and qualify for Europe, some years my expectations are not realistic, but this season they were. It's a shame not to be walking about at Wembley after losing to Wigan, but we can still qualify for Europe with a top six finish.
4. Who would you say is your danger man?
5. What would you say are your strengths as a team?
We're a close unit, you don't see us making five/six/seven changes week in week out and that continuity helps our performances.
6. What would you say are your weaknesses as a team?
Ironically it's the same thing, the small squad can sometimes be a hindrance as our players at other clubs would get more frequent rests which they don't get with us.
If we had just a few more bodies we'd have the balance perfect.
7. How do you feel about your manager?
He's been fantastic, has over achieved massively with a relatively small budget and has proven himself as one of the best British managers around.
8. Which player (s) do you fear from the Stoke City side?
None really. I was a big fan of Charlie Adam when it was at Blackpool but he doesn't seem to be the same player these days.
9. Is there any Stoke players you would like to add to your squad?
For sheer potential I'd have Jack Butland.
10. How do you think Stoke will do this season?
You've got 8 games to go, doesn't look like you'll get dragged into the relegation zone and you're a bit adrift of the European hunt, so obviously mid-table mediocrity.
11. What is your likely line-up for the match?
Mucha, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Coleman, Gibson, Osman, Fellaini, Mirallas, Anichebe, Jelavic.
12. Finally, what`s your score prediction for the match?
Date:Friday March 29 2013
Stoke secure marquee Bojan signing (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Stoke to offer free coach travel again (Monday July 21 2014)
Palacios fails Qatar medical (Monday July 21 2014)
Jerome left out of Germany squad (Saturday July 19 2014)
Palacios set for Qatar switch (Saturday July 19 2014)
Cameron given freedom of home city (Saturday July 19 2014)
23-man Stoke squad arrive in Germany (Friday July 18 2014)
Stoke announce 2014/15 squad numbers (Friday July 18 2014)
Which strikers could leave Stoke? (Friday July 18 2014)
Which midfielder's could leave Stoke? (Thursday July 17 2014)
» Spurs : 31/07/2014 07:24:00
|5 Years Since Sir Bobby Left Us
» Newcastle : 31/07/2014 00:56:00
|So Suarez Was Too Good For Liverpool Too, Right?
» Arsenal : 31/07/2014 00:12:00
|Swansea City Boss: More Signings To Come
» Swansea : 30/07/2014 21:09:00
|Borini Poll Result..
» Sunderland : 30/07/2014 18:15:00