Writer: Lloyd Reddin
Date:Tuesday March 27 2012
After the recent going ons at the Britannia Stadium, Vital Stoke`s Lloyd Reddin looks at the best goals ever scored at the Britannia Stadium and here are his result`s:
10. Peter Hoekstra (2nd) vs Reading (13th December 2003) An amazing cross field pass found Hoekstra in space on the left hand side, the magically Dutchman brought down the ball expertly, and with another touch or two found his way into the box on the left hand side before smashing the ball past the keeper at his front post with a ferrous shot.
9. Ricardo Fuller vs Birmingham (9th November 2010) Fuller picked the ball up just inside Birmingham`s half, and with no one around to support him embarked on a run down the right wing, just as it seemed like he ran into a cul-de-sac, Fuller turned on his pace and zigged past one player, and as he zagged past another into the box, Fuller struck a shot into the far corner with his weaker foot, doubling Stoke`s lead in front of the Sky camera`s.
8. Tuncay Sanli vs Manchester United (24th October 2010) With 10 minutes to go, and Stoke losing 1-0, the ball found its way out wide with Tuncay Sanli, who drove towards he box and cut inside the experienced Paul Scholes and into the box before unleashing a terrific shot with his weaker foot past Van der Sar and sending the Britannia Stadium bonkers.
7. Riacrdo Fuller vs Aston Villa (23rd August 2008) After a stray pass from Gareth Barry, the ball was moved across in the midfield and found its way to Liam Lawrence in the centre of the park who found Ricardo Fuller who magically turned the ball around Martin Laursen and as he took the ball into his stride and into the box, hit the ball across the goal and Brad Friedel and into the far corner of the net, sending the Boothen End into chaos.
6. Maynor Figueroa vs Wigan Athletic (12th December 2009) After Scott Sinclair was fouled on the halfway line, Delap stood off the ball and allowed Wigan`s left back to take the free kick quickly from his own half by smashing the ball over Danish goalkeeper Sorensen, leaving him red faced.
5. Andy Griffin vs Coventry City (6th November 2006)In a game which was nearly postponed due to heavy, full back Griffin cut inside from the left wing through the fog and arrowed the ball into the corner of net in front of the Sky camera`s.
4. Gareth Bale vs Tottenham (21st August 2010) Aaron Lennon found space on the right and chipped a ball to the far post to an unmarked Bale, seemingly too high to volley, but Bale who seemingly dislocated his hip joint managed to smash a volley into the top corner.
3. Mehmet Topal vs Valencia (16th February 2012) Topal found the ball in the midfield and with not the best of first touches knocked the ball in front of himself before unleashing a superb strike arrowing into the top corner which left Begovic clutching at air and silencing the Boothen.
2. Dave Brammer vs Luton Town (20th Auguest 2005) With one minute left on the clock, and the scores tied at 2-2, Karl Henry played a square ball into the path of Dave Brammer who hit across the ball from 25 yards and the ball flew expertly into the top corner of the net.
1. Peter Crouch vs Manchester City (24th March 2012) Just words can`t describe how good this goal was! A long smash forward from Bosnian goalkeeper Asmir Begovic was flicked on by Peter Crouch which was in turn nodded back to Crouch by Pennant, and without the ball touching the floor from Begovic`s kick, Crouch chested the ball before letting fly with a fantastic swivelling volley from the edge of the 18 yard box on the angle, which flew over England`s number 1 stopper Joe Hart, before dipping into the net allowing the Britannia Stadium faithful to go berserk!
Do you agree with Lloyd`s choices or do you believe another goal should have made the top ten or took the mantle? Feel free to comment below.
Date:Tuesday March 27 2012
Stats: Stoke City v Sunderland (Sunday April 26 2015)
Odemwingie set for first team return (Friday April 24 2015)
Stoke set to release Wilkinson and Palacios (Friday April 24 2015)
Stoke sell allocation for final two away fixtures (Friday April 24 2015)
The Stoke City Walking Wounded - Injury List (Friday April 24 2015)
Ref Watch: Atkinson to referee Stoke v Sunderland (Tuesday April 21 2015)
Stats: Stoke City v Southampton (Monday April 20 2015)
Potters Earn First Win In 4 Over Saints (Monday April 20 2015)
Arnautovic wins West Ham man of the match poll (Monday April 20 2015)
Moses wins March goal of the month (Monday April 20 2015)
|11. West Ham||34||11||11||12||0||44|
|12. Crystal Palace||33||11||9||13||-3||42|
|More From Pearson On Burnley Win
» Leicester City : 27/04/2015 09:50:01
» Spurs : 27/04/2015 09:35:00
|Aston Villa Transfer Talk - One Link Is Half Decen
» Aston Villa : 27/04/2015 09:33:00
|N'Doye - Now We Can Kick On
» Hull City : 27/04/2015 09:30:01
|Guzan Gets Sherwood Backing
» Aston Villa : 27/04/2015 09:09:00